KellyMRivard.com is a culmination of many of my passions, as well as my eclectic menagerie of quirks and interests. Multiple blogs that I’ve run have been consolidated into here, to cover subjects such as agriculture, food, and the rural-urban crossover, while also touching on self-growth, self-care, mental health, and eating disorders.
The blog portion goes by the “unofficial” title “Country Nights, City Lights” — this is where I write about my adventures as a country girl living in the city, a digital communicator working in agriculture, and a bipolar bulimic beating the odds each and every day. This blog is the backbone of KellyMRivard.com, but there will be other things popping up around KellyMRivard.com:
- Hi, I’m Agriculture is a list of blog posts written by guest contributors, talking about agricultural careers that aren’t farming and ranching, their impact on the industry, and the way they influence the food we eat
- Leap Lists mark goals for my current life situation
- Special awareness projects for causes I am passionate about
- Resources for those facing difficulties that may be similar to mine
- Random stuff that strikes my fancy
This website is my “home” on the Internet. It’s where I lay out my soul and invite others to sit in my digital living room and find companionship, inspiration, or at least entertainment. Please treat it as such; I highly value my readers, so even if you would like to voice an opinion about me, please be sure to be respectful to my other commenters.
I’m very much of the “let’s be friends” mindset, where people who disagree can still coexist peacefully. So, I request that we all adhere to that mindset within the walls of my Internet “home.”