I’m a college kid.
Therefore, I’m a professional procrastinator.
You can give me work, a job. I may hate it, but I’ll still follow a worthy time-management schedule for productivity’s sake. If I love it, there will be even less chance of my path diverting.
Give me school-related tasks…homework, studying, group projects, assigned reading…and I will do anything, ANYTHING, to avoid doing it as long as possible.
I had a paper due on Monday.
I intended to get back to school on Sunday to work on it from 7 or so, up until it was finished. I didn’t anticipate it going beyond a few hours worth of work.
What did I do instead?
- I updated my resume.
- I updated my LinkedIn profile.
- I took a phonecall from my boyfriend.
- I got locked out of my dorm room, while my roommate slept inside…she sleeps like the dead. It took an hour or so to wake her up and get back inside.
- I chatted with a friend on Facebook.
- I worked more on my LinkedIn profile.
- I “reread” the material that the paper was on.
- I found excuses to take more notes to “prepare” for the paper.