We all have our own secrets. Here are some of mine.
- I’ve been radio silent on here for…months. Why? I kind of felt like I “lost” my identity as a blogger. This site as grown with me for the last 6 years. My identity has shifted a lot, and every now and then I struggle to find where this thing fits into my life. I realized when all I wanted to write about was heavy stuff, I probably needed to take a break.
- My confessions are a lot less scandalous than Usher’s.
- I’m still not 100% sure what the new culture of this blog will be. Or if this blog is even where my future in blogging is. Do I start fresh? Do I rebrand? It’s all so messy and weird.
- The only reason I’m really writing this is because Brooke Haney of Rural Gone Urban fame is an inspiring lady — she’s been working on upping her blogging game and our conversations have stoked my flames a bit.
- I miss working in agriculture — a lot. But I’m doing something I never thought I’d do: I’m building my passion in a new vertical. In fact, I’ve been at my new agency for over a year now and I’d go so far as to say I’m thriving.
- I’m one of the only people in my office of about 300 people who wears cowgirl boots.
- I am the only person in my office of about 300 people who wears cowgirl boots most days of the week.
- I’m also the only person who wears wears seed corn and ag conference caps on Hat Friday.
- I sing the guitar part to just about any classic rock song I hear. Usually with great enthusiasm.
- I’ve fallen out of touch with a lot of people I care a whole lot about. I’ve become “that friend” — you know, the one everyone talks about in the third person when they get together, because their life has gone in a different direction and no one’s 100% sure what they’re up to anymore. If I had a dime for every text I got from a friend saying, “I was at _____ conference and saw ______ and they were wondering what you were up to!” I’d be able to buy myself a nice meal. It’s surreal, but it’s also part of my reality. It’s a lot harder to keep up with friends (especially long-distance ones) when your work doesn’t bring you to the same events.
- Anytime someone hands me a microphone, I question their sanity. This happens more than it probably should.
- I miss writing. And I’m not quite sure how to untie the knot of my excuses for falling out of it.
- Between Josh and I, we have 2 dogs, a lizard, a bird, and a fish tank. I still want to own every baby animal I see.
- I’ve been confronted by some colleagues about the fact that I’m a “compulsive smiler.” I apparently have no control over my own facial expressions.
- I’m cleared to start running again after a 2-month hiatus due to health issues. However, my shoes are in bad shape and my inhaler only has 2 doses left so I may have to postpone my return.
That’s what I’ve got for now. Catch ya on the flipside, friends.